Name:
Location: no fixed address

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

poetic justice

Muse Blues


I haven’t wrote a single verse
in over thirty days
My fickle muse is playing me
in not so subtle ways

My best friend wrote a ballad and
my brother wrote an ode
The seeds of my suspicion now
beginning to be sowed

I went to see my doctor who
for diagnosis said
in iambic pentameter
it all was in my head

So I ran off to find the priest
and he confessed to me
that limericks were helping him
spice up his homily

I hired a detective then
to find out where she slept
When he reported back to me
I bowed my head and wept

The milkman signed a book deal and
he’s getting good reviews
while I stay up alone at night
cuckolded by my muse

-The Unknown Poet

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Bravo!

October 14, 2004 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Huckleberry Finnegan said...

The Unknown Poet tells me this is perhaps his most autobiographical work.

October 14, 2004 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Huckleberry Finnegan said...

You're too kind.

October 15, 2004 at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home