Name:
Location: no fixed address

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Confessions of Huckleberry Finnegan Part I

Dedicated followers of Cicero’s Garage will have noticed that while I bid adieu to the blogosphere some time ago, citing coercion by my employers, I have continued to tender the occasional entry with no explanation either for my reappearance or for my long absences between posts.

Having sought the counsel of my spiritual advisor, Reverend Godfrey, I would now like to set the record straight.

I lied.

The reason for my premature retirement and subsequent periods of inactivity is nothing so sinister as the threat of death or dismemberment. While my employers would certainly prefer that I have no contact with the outside world, they remain unaware, as do most people, of the existence of Cicero’s Garage.

The real reason is far more commonplace. Like so many bloggers before me, I merely lost interest.

So why, you may ask, am I making this confession? Is it because I intend to resurrect Cicero’s Garage and commit myself to daily updates? Not at all. My intention, dear reader(s), is simply to clear the air and restore whatever level of trust you may have once had in me – an anonymous employee of an unnamed government agency.

I swear, I never meant to hurt you.

2 Comments:

Blogger petetow said...

There are certain people that we miss when the posts dry up, I often spend hours sat out on the patio furniture with my lap top looking for interesting things to read and write about, it is always a shame to lose a valuable member of this community.

May 2, 2008 at 2:36 AM  
Blogger sbackl said...

It is sad to see people leave the blogsphere, at the moment I have taken a break from trying to put together some argos garden furniture, it is not that easy, to post a few things on my blog and read a few more.

May 7, 2008 at 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home