Name:
Location: no fixed address

Monday, September 13, 2004

general delivery - parts unknown

Fan Mail


Who is The Unknown Poet
We really want to know
We want to make you famous and advance you lotsa dough

And shower you with honours
and lavish you with grants
and all the other poets wanna get into your pants

I am The Unknown Poet
and you really are too kind
but alas I am forever to obscurity resigned

For nothing is so fleeting
as a minor poet’s fame
You’d write me off and ne’er look back if e’er you knew my name

-The Unknown Poet

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Oops. My link was faulty. That's why I missed out on this poetic primer. Quite enjoyable.

September 14, 2004 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Huckleberry Finnegan said...

I thank you and The Unknown Poet thanks you. Speaking of links, I’ve been meaning to provide one to your place as well. You are, after all, my blogging inspiration. All I require is a little technical expertise. Perhaps I’ll ask the Reverend. He’s a man of surprising resources.

September 15, 2004 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home